Tungsten syringe shieldings
- Compared to lead, tungsten heavy metal has a
significantly higher specific weight and because of that;
Its shielding behaviour is therefore better by approx. 60%
- complete integration of the lead window
(therefore almost unbreakable!)
- clip lock – no screws required
- deliverable for several standard syringe types
- special version also for PET-nuclides deliverable
In order to comply with the principles of radiation protection,
any exposure to radiation has to be kept as low as possible,
taking into account the technical and organisational possibilities.
The frequent use of syringe shieldings at the application of
radiopharmaceuticals significantly reduces the radiation exposure, especially the partial body dose of the hands, without
Apart from the γ-syringe shieldings we also have plexiglass
syrings shieldings for ß-emitting nuclides, e.g. for the nuclides of radiosynoviorthesis or radioimmune therapy.
Radiation protection in hot cell
For standard radiation protection equipment of a hot cell we
can deliver the following equipments:
- • Laboratory work bench
- The work bench consists of a stable steel frame
construction to carry heavy objects (up to 850 kg/m²),
e.g. lead shielding, Tc-generators ..., etc.
In accordance with the standards for working with
unsealed radioactive materials, the stainless steel table
plate is provided with a raised profile edge (8 mm) on
- • Lead shielding
- For body protection, a U-formed or completely closed
lead castle is built up on the work bench. Protected by
the shielding, e.g. radiopharmaceuticals can be prepared
and drawn up in this way. The lead shielding consists of
lead components according to DIN 25407, e.g. with
50 mm shielding capacity. The lead shielding can be
expanded by a lead glass window to be mounted.
Closed lead shielding with mounted lead glass window (system Von Gahlen, NL)
U-formed lead shielding with mounted lead glass window
(system Wälischmiller, D)
- • Safe
- The safe guarantees an access-protected, shielded
storage of radiopharmaceuticals and check/test sources.
Safes are available in several dimensions and with
several shielding capacities. They can be delivered as a
cupboard or as a sliding safe.
- • Shielded container for radioactive waste
- Radioactive waste has to be collected separately. For
protection of the personnel, the waste collection
container has to be shielded.
- • Syringe carrying case
- For transport of prepared syringes with
radiopharmaceuticals, as desired in several sizes and
with several shielding capacities (3, 6 mm Pb)
Syringe carrying case
- • Warning plates
- To mark the control area as a stamped aluminium plate
or of plastic (150 x 200 mm).
Caption: ”Control Area Radioactive“ with radiation
Elimpex-Medizintechnik, Spechtgasse 32, A-2340Mödling, Austria